Australia’s plant based community has proven they’re hungry for tailored news, information and lifestyle inspo – and now VeganNews.com.au wants you!
A video created to celebrate the arrival of vegan cheese at Woolworths has been viewed 9 000 times in less than a week, and has reached 14 000 people organically.
A post about Beyoncé’s plant based diet was liked by none other than Queen Bey’s company, 22 Days Nutrition.
This groundswell of support for our little blog has proven that Australia is leading the way when it comes to plant based living, and we have you to thank!
What’s more, it shows that a small but dedicated group of people who believe in a different future can make it happen.
VeganNews.com.au has been brought to you on a shoestring budget, so we’re asking you to help spread awareness far and wide:
- If you enjoy a particular post, please feel free to share it with your vegan friends and fam. Leave your comments, because we’re keen to hear from you directly!
- If you haven’t already, please head over to our social media channels and give us some lovin’ on Facey or Insta. We love love!
- If you want something a little different – whether it’s more recipes, more activism, all the vegan thingssssss – please let us know!
- If you’re planning a vegan event, market, campaign, petition or anything we should know about – hit us up, and we’ll promote the shiznit out of that.
- If you’re interested in animal and environmental activism, join our dedicated Facebook Group for updates.
- We’re keen on featuring content from upcoming writers or bloggers, and will provide full author credits for our collaborators. If you’re interested in contributing to the site, please drop us a line via email@example.com
If you’re not vegan, but are still interested in checking out our content and joining the community, don’t be shy!
VeganNews.com.au is dedicated to connecting Australians at every stage of their plant based journey – so whether you’re a veteran or just curious, come say hello.
If you’re interested in further details, here are some very good reasons to go vegan (or reduce your intake of animals byproducts) today:
- Veganism is on the rise within Australia. In fact, we represent the world’s third fastest growing vegan market today!
- Places like Melbourne and Sydney are quickly becoming world-class vegan destinations. We’ll soon see vegan venues opening around Australia, and plant based food served on the regs.
- Plant based food options are more readily available today. Major retailers such as Domino’s, Grill’d, Guzman Y Gomez, Subway and even McDonald’s are taking note!
- Vegans tend to be healthier. Evidence shows we generally drink less, smoke less, exercise more and even have better sex (yup, more on that soon!)
- National health authorities such as the NHMRC and DAA recognise plant based nutrition as a viable option for many Australians. (There are some notes to be aware of though. Please check this article for further information.)
- Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, veganism is a kinder option. Every year, billions of animals suffer and die needlessly just to fill our plates. The environment is deteriorating, with animal agriculture producing more greenhouse gas emissions than the planet’s entire transport infrastructure. Going vegan is a decision you can make today, to help change the course of history for better.
Veganism is just good karma guys, and it’s the future. Subscribe to VeganNews.com.au for more.