- 3 bananas (lightly mashed)
- 2 cup wholegrain flour (sifted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- 2 tspn chia seeds
- 1 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1 tspn baking soda
- 1/2 tspn sea salt
- Desiccated coconut (to top)
- Preheat oven to 180C and prepare a baking pan, by greasing lightly with olive oil spray.
- Combine the bananas, brown sugar, coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold in wholegrain flour, ground cinnamon, chia seeds, baking soda and sea salt. Gently combine all ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- Pour batter into pre-greased tin, then top with desiccated coconut.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Banana bread is ready to serve when a knife inserted into the pan reappears with only a few crumbs.
- Serve warm with Nuttelex spread. Enjoy!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
Serves: 10 generous slices
About this recipe
Banana bread is a perfect snack for vegans on-the-go, and one that can be enjoyed for breakfast, morning or afternoon tea. Freeze individual slices and store in an airtight container, for up to 2 months. This recipe can be easily adapted to include walnuts, pecans or additional seeds of your choice.
Did you know that a medium-sized banana contains less than 100 calories, providing a sustained energy boost, in a natural and easily digestible form? Bananas are also rich in potassium and fibre, and have disease fighting properties!